Thursday, November 5, 2009

Today

When I open my eyes in the morning I want to start off my day by telling myself everything happens for a reason! Or is that just some cliché we say to others in a time of comfort; that yes things normally work themselves out its not the end of the world.

I met an “older” man (mid 40’s…ha its funny how that does not seem old to me anymore) in walmart yesterday. As I was standing there trying to decide on what cereal I wanted, which is a very hard decision for me…I LOVE cereal. I could not help notice this man checking out all the boxes as well. We met eyes, I smiled and he began to talk! He mentioned how expensive things are getting for him after losing his job. He claimed to miss this summer so he could take full advantage of his garden. After taking a glance in his cart I noticed it was quit bare and his list still full. This broke my heart.

So maybe what I should tell myself in the morning is…everyone deals with hardship one way or the other and it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment