Thursday, February 5, 2009

A flower without it's Sun ~ Poem

No sooner will that day come, as it does every year when I lost a part of my heart.
My memories fade to dreams and those dreams are all I have to remember him by.

I look to the light as if he is there, helping me choose the right path.
Only to guide me to not fall down flat.

Searching in my thoughts for just a second of his voice and an ounce of his breath.
Giving me hope and happiness that I am not destine to be alone and stay down the wrong path. I look deep inside to feel for him. To feel his touch. To understand that he is there with my every step.

The piece that has broken from my heart is small enough that it could be passed through the eye of a needle yet so large it can be seen for miles. I miss him like the flower misses the sun, like the flower misses the sun in the depths of the winter with all of its warmth drained from her core. Fragile to touch…My world is frozen in his absence.

My Father where are You?


~In Loving Memory~ 12/11/2002 (Buck) Robert P. Tostige

No comments:

Post a Comment